1. Collection of Personal Information
- The types of personal information collected and stored by number 35 and Mailchimp might include your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number and recent purchases.
- Number 35 (or any of its sub-contractors) may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to number 35 to register on its website(s) or receive email alerts or other communications.
- any data that you provide via postings to forums and blogs and any other posting that you make to a number 35 website (in such circumstances the information posted by you will, of course, also be available to users of the website throughout the world);
- during any transaction with us; and
- any other data which you provide when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
- Number 35 (or any of its sub-contractors) may also receive information about you from third parties, for example a friend who wants to tell you about one of our websites.
2. Storage and retention of your information
- Number 35 will keep your information on a secure server. The technology that number 35 uses and the security policies which number 35 has implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
3. Use of Your Information
- Number 35 may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) for the following purposes:
- administering your website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us and competitions and promotions that you take part in;
- responding to any enquiry you make;
- subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding number 35’s or any third party’s future services (in all formats to which you have consented eg post, email, text); and
- for generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the number 35 website(s) and other services and developing number 35’s marketing plans.
When you visit a number 35 website(s), number 35 uses “cookie” technology try to make that experience simple, personalised and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about you’re use of the website. A number of cookies number 35 use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
- create a specific log-in session for a visitor to a number 35 website in order that page requests by that visitor are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- recognise when a visitor to a number 35 website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website;
- store your product selections to the shopping basket;
- collect statistical information about how our visitors use the website(s) so that we can improve the website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors; and
- Gather information through our advertising partners, about the pages on the number 35 website(s) that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in an “interest segment”. This information is then used to serve interest-based advertisements which it is believed will be targeted to your interests. For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit www.youronlinechoices.com/uk or follow the link to the website of our advertising partners shown below. Without these cookies, advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and to your interests.
Some of the cookies used by number 35 websites are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on a number 35 website(s) you may not be able to take full advantage of the website(s) if you do so.
5. Third Party Websites
Please be aware that number 35 does not control and is not responsible for websites that are referred to or linked from its own websites and that use of your personal information on these websites is not subject to this Privacy and Cookies Policy.